July 27, 2021
It's NBA Draft week! On this episode of The Kings Herald Show, Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras are joined by Kings Pulse hosts Brenden Nunes and Bryant West to help break down everything you need to know heading into Thursday's NBA Draft.
- (2:20) What is Monte McNair doing right now in preparation for the 2021 NBA Draft?
- (4:50) The case for Moses Moody
- (10:00) The case for Franz Wagner
- (23:50) The case for Davion Mitchell
- (29:00) The case for Alperen Sengun
- (40:40) What are some of the under-reported potential draft picks for the Kings?
- (50:00) The Jonathan Kuminga conundrum
- (1:18:15) Discussing some potential trade out options, and the value of the #9 pick
- (1:21:30) Favorite potential 2nd round pick selections
July 13, 2021
The Kings Herald Show is back to break down all the latest news and rumors heading into draft and free agency season for your Sacramento Kings. On the podcast this week, Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras talk about how the Kings are conducting pre-draft workouts, who they might select on draft night, Terence Davis' contract negotiations, and more.
- (1:20) Why are the Kings being so secretive about their pre-draft workouts this year?
- (9:30) Draft rumors and draft promises.
- (16:40) If the Kings trade their first round draft pick, are any of the reportedly available players a good fit?
- (30:25) Terence Davis is a restricted free agent and wants to get paid this summer. Should the Kings bring him back?
- (34:45) NBA Finals analysis and predictions.
- (49:00) Team USA’s struggles and Olympic basketball talk.
- (57:45) Early prediction: Assuming nobody unexpected slides, who will the Kings select 9th overall in the 2021 NBA Draft?
June 29, 2021
The Kings Herald Show returns with Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras talking about some early 2021 NBA Draft crushes, potential trades for the 9th overall pick, and how the Kings can acquire seemingly available Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons.
- (2:15) Who do you like for the Kings at 9th overall in the 2021 NBA Draft?
- (9:45) Do the Kings need to hit a home run in the draft?
- (14:50) Should the Kings trade their 2021 pick for a win-now veteran?
- (16:30) The prospects of trading for Ben Simmons
- (26:10) The latest Marvin Bagley social media drama, and if it’s time for the Kings to move on.
- (36:50) Breaking down all the recent NBA coaching hires.
- (50:30) Patreon Question of the Week
June 14, 2021
The Kings Herald Show returns without any Sacramento Kings basketball to talk about, but Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras discuss some recent comments from Charles Barkley, fake Kristaps Porzingis trades, Marvin Bagley's offseason plans, the NBA's coaching carousel, the NBA playoffs, and more.
- (1:40) Is there any reason to be optimistic about the future of the Sacramento Kings, despite what Charles Barkley says?
- (6:10) Is current Kings management good enough to turn this franchise around?
- (12:50) Should the Kings pursue an often-speculated Kristaps Porzingis trade?
- (19:35) Marvin Bagley’s offseason plans.
- (26:26) The NBA’s coaching carousel.
- (100:00) NBA Playoff talk.
June 1, 2021
The Kings Herald Show is back with another episode breaking down all the latest Sacramento Kings news and notes. On this episode of TKHS featuring Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras, the crew talks about Monte McNair's bold decision to bring back Luke Walton, and all the big decisions he's facing heading into a massive offseason for the organization.
- (1:50) Do you agree with Monte McNair’s decision to keep Luke Walton?
- (5:30) How do you determine if a head coach should stay or go?
- (11:00) How much credit should Luke Walton and the Kings get for how they finished the season?
- (19:30) Is ‘continuity’ a good argument for keeping Luke Walton?
- (24:45) Will Luke Walton lead the Kings to the NBA Playoffs like Monte McNair predicted?
- (31:20) Will the Kings trade their 2021 first round pick to improve the roster this summer?
- (41:30) How important is re-signing Richaun Holmes in the offseason?
- (49:30) Do the Kings need to swing for the fences, or will smaller moves make them good enough to reach the playoffs?
- (56:50) 2021 NBA Playoff talk
- (1:02:00) Patreon Question of the Week
May 18, 2021
The Sacramento Kings' season may be over, but The Kings Herald Show featuring Jerry Reynolds is back! On this episode of the podcast, Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras break down the entirely of the 2020-21 season including what went right, what went wrong, and where the Kings go from here heading into a massively important offseason for the organization.
- (2:25) Did the Kings underachieve this season?
- (10:20) Do you think the Kings and Monte McNair consider this season a success?
- (16:40) Everything is not bad.
- (21:00) What do the Kings need to do to compete for the playoffs next season?
- (28:00) Do the Kings need a tougher head coach?
- (33:00) How can Monte McNair improve the toughness of his roster?
- (39:00) Should the Kings use their draft pick to significantly improve the roster via trade, or continue to rebuild through the draft?
- (42:00) Who should the Kings target in a theoretical blockbuster trade?
- (55:26) Predicting Buddy Hield’s future with the Kings.
- (57:14) Predicting Richaun Holmes’ future with the Kings.
- (105:35) Predicting Luke Walton’s future with the Kings.
- (123:25) Jerry Reynolds on the NBA Hall of Fame class of 2021.
May 4, 2021
On this episode of The Kings Herald Show, Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras break down the final stretch of Kings games in the 2020-21 NBA season, and look ahead to the future of Kings basketball next season as Monte McNair navigates a very, very important offseason for this organization.
- (2:00) What can we learn, if anything, from the final 8 Kings games this season?
- (6:00) Will Luke Walton commit to playing the youth at the end of the Kings roster for big minutes down the stretch?
- (8:15) Tyrese Haliburton's strong play as the lead guard for the Sacramento Kings.
- (18:00) Will Buddy Hield still be a member of the Sacramento Kings next season, and how does he fit with Fox and Haliburton moving forward?
- (27:00) Why are the Kings able to sweep a good team like Mavericks, but can't beat up on bad teams like the Pistons?
- (34:50) Is the NBA's new play-in playoff system fair, and something they should continue to do in the future?
- (44:00) Parity in the NBA today heading into the 2021 playoffs.
April 19, 2021
The Kings Herald Show is back with an episode dedicated to one of the big talking points in Sacramento right now: Tanking.
Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, Tony Xypteras, and Built To Lose author Jake Fischer break down Sacramento's failed rebuild attempts, tell some fascinating behind-the-scenes stories from the Vivek Ranadivé era, and discuss the merits of tanking in the NBA.
- (4:15) Are the Kings tanking, or are they just bad?
- (5:45) The 2013 NBA Draft nightmare
- (10:50) Behind-the-scenes details from the Marvin Bagley draft
- (16:45) DeMarcus Cousins’ treatment of former Kings rookies
- (23:15) Challenges of the George Karl era
- (32:30) Vivek Ranadive’s secret weapon
- (34:15) The Sam Hinkie conversation
- (48:50) “The 2nd Draft”
- (58:00) Are the current-era Sacramento Kings in a good position long-term?
- (102:00) Is there a tanking problem in the NBA today? How would you fix it?
April 6, 2021
The Kings Herald Show is back with a breakdown of Monte McNair's first trade deadline as general manager of the Sacramento Kings, along with a lengthy discussion on the play-in game, with Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras.
- (1:30) Trade deadline analysis
- (6:40) What happened with DaQuan Jeffries?
- (9:10) Can Damian Jones help the frontcourt?
- (12:45) Where are the Kings headed, both short and long term?
- (18:15) Is De’Aaron Fox the key to the Kings’ success?
- (27:50) Why are the Kings so inconsistent?
- (32:00) Why are the Kings still so bad on defense?
- (36:20) Is it weird that Marvin Bagley isn’t currently with the team?
- (41:00) If Marvin Bagley returns this season, what will his role be?
- (43:00) How can the Kings re-sign Richaun Holmes in the offseason?
- (101:20) Patreon Question of the Week
March 20, 2021
NBA Trade Deadline week is here! On this episode of The Kings Herald Show, Jerry Reynolds, Will Griffith, and Tony Xypteras break down how the Kings have played since the All-Star Break, and how Luke Walton's new starting lineup has performed thus far, in addition to a full Sacramento Kings trade deadline preview.
- (2:05) How have the Kings played since the All-Star break?
- (3:30) Breaking down the Luke Walton’s new starting lineup.
- (5:05) Are the Kings improving on defense?
- (10:12) Will the Kings make a significant trade by the deadline?
- (13:00) Will the Celtics trade for Harrison Barnes?
- (24:00) What teams could make a competitive offer for Buddy Hield or Harrison Barnes?
- (29:00) Do the Kings need to make a trade in order to re-sign Richaun Holmes in the offseason?
- (33:33) Is Vivek Ranadive still involved in basketball decisions?
- (39:30) Tank Till You Stank.
- (44:40) Jerry Reynolds, on his experiences running and working in an NBA front office.
- (109:30) Trade Deadline Predictions.